Surigao del Sur

I never thought Surigao del Sur possesses hidden wonders. I have to say that it was underrated until the Department of Tourism and some travel agencies did something to promote its natural wonders.


We went there last June 2010 with my closest friends Vem, In-in and Yen. (They actually don't know each other.) The trip was organized by a tour operator. It was of great advantage because we don't have to plan everything. I suggest you'll do the same.

We left Davao City around 1:00AM. After almost 6 hours of travel, we arrived to our first destination, the Enchanted River. First impression, "Is this for real? I mean those photos posted online were really true?" Yes, my eyes saw it and it was incredibly true!

We did a lot of activities in the area. Aside from plunging into this deep-blue marvel, we also had a boat tour to the nearby sea. It's interesting to know that we're actually paddling in an area where freshwater and saltwater meet.




Then we headed to our next stop, Tinuy-an Falls. When I saw it, I was again dumbfounded. Maybe because I didn't actually expect that much. I never knew it is the widest waterfall in the country.









We had our lunch there. Later that afternoon, we moved to our third destination, the islands of Barobo.


We arrived at Cabgan Island just right the sky bleed and the sun bid goodbye. We spent our night at the island, camping along the shoreline.


The heaven was filled with bright stars that night and so was the shore. Not stars actually. If I'm not mistaken, they were bioluminescent plankton. Too bad, I couldn't capture them with my camera.

The following day, we woke up early for breakfast. The sunrise was simply perfect.



Photo by Juliusing Fernandez


Then we continued our tour with the neighboring islands.

Vanishing Snake Island



Turtle Island
Last stop was Bogac Spring. The water was so cool but I could've enjoyed more swimming if there were less people around. The place was like a public bath, filled with local children, women doing laundry and a lot of tourists.

Tired but happy, we hit the road back to Davao. It's a long journey and everybody went to sleep (except of course, the driver).


Photos credits: In-in & Vem

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kopiat Island

Tagum City

Bamboo