Cebu

Cebu is no stranger to many Filipinos. Like, from the old pages of history down to the recently printed magazines, its name has been mentioned in times innumerable. Why not? The place has a rich cultural past and a skyrocketing success in commerce and industry.


I've been to Cebu several times already but I am way too far to describe the whole province. Everytime I go, I only set foot on its 3 highly-urbanized cities---Lapu-lapu, Mandaue and Cebu City. I haven't gone north to visit Bantayan Island or go south to hike Osmeña Park or swim at Kawasan Falls. But I've got a lot to tell about the city. I guess the food and the places downtown are good enough to define its culture and its people.

The first time I went to Cebu was last 2009. Vem was again my buddy. Needless to say, trip equals fun! We visited a lot of places including IT Park, Ayala Center, Mango Square, Larsian, TOPS and many more. We shopped and dined like never before.


The following year, we tried to explore more. This time, with Gina and Charmie. More buddies, more fun and excitement! We went to the Capitol, City Library, The Walk and more places.


Fort San Pedro is worth to visit also. It is located by the sea together with Plaza Independencia and Malacañang of the South. We strolled around the city until dark, until we were starving and can't wait to devour like a hungry beast!



Talking about food, Casa Verde will surely satisfy your taste buds. Imagine how tender their steaks are. And the chocolate drink we ordered, it was muy grande that I was like intoxicated. For another binge eating experience, go to Joven's Grill and Seafoods at Park Mall. With your P220, you can eat all you can. But if you want to splurge some money, Waterfront Hotel also serves buffet. Charmie and I went there but not to spend our lifetime savings, haha. We just ate some sweets at the cafe while waiting for our flight back to Davao. And by the way, you can also try Jonie's Sizzlers and Roast. There is one in SM. Although their food is not that extraordinary but I recommend it simply because of the name. I know, right?



Above all, Cebu is most famous for its lechon. CnT used to be our favorite. But just last year, when I was reunited with Vem, we tried Zubuchon and I love it better. The taste was comparative but the place and the service were more excellent. Try also their kamias or santol shake, weird but tastes good.



The succeeding years were marked by even more buddies.






This year, we had another city tour. Museo Sugbo was an addition. It was memorable because added on their exhibit were recently uncovered bundles of banknotes used during the Japanese occupation.




Also, our accommodation is by far the best. Courtesy of Phillips family, we stayed at Radisson Blu Hotel. Food and service was excellent. I guess that's not surprising.




I'm looking forward of what awaits next year but I know it'll be another exciting visit to the Queen City of the South!


Photo credits: Vem, Charmie, Jang2, Lumiguid et al.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kopiat Island

Tagum City

Bamboo